In these Terms and Conditions (as amended from time to time), the following expressions shall have the following meanings:
- “Seller” means Grasshopper Toys Ltd (trading as Science and Nature);
- “Business Day” means any day other than a Saturday, Sunday or bank holiday in the United Kingdom
- “Buyer” means the person whose order for the Goods is accepted by the Seller
- “Contract” means the contract for the purchase and sale of the Goods which shall be formed upon an order for Goods being accepted by Seller in writing and which shall incorporate and be subject to these Terms and Conditions which shall be agreed to by the Buyer in writing;
- “Goods” means any products sold by the Seller, as manufactured by and for the Seller
- “RRP” recommended retail price of the Goods as outlined in the most current price list from the Seller;
These Terms and Conditions (as amended from time to time) shall govern the Contract to the exclusion of any other terms and conditions subject to which the Seller shall sell, and the Buyer shall purchase, the Goods.
The Seller shall ask for pro forma payment on the Buyer’s first three orders after which the Seller will then need references to set up an account. 28 calendar day credit is offered at the Seller’s sole discretion, but the Buyer can also pay when it makes the order on the Buyer’s trade website.
Once an order for Goods has been accepted by the Seller and a Contract formed, the Goods shall be delivered within 2-3 Business Days. Delivery is made by courier or Royal Mail, all tracked.
The Buyer is under a duty to inspect the Goods immediately upon arrival and shall report in writing any damage, defect, overages or shortages to the Seller within 48 hours of the Goods being delivered. The Seller shall make good any issues with the Goods delivered only after the affected Goods have been returned to the Seller by Buyer at Buyer’s cost and the Seller has had an opportunity to inspect the affected Goods. If the Buyer fails to adhere to the requirements of this condition, the Seller shall be under no liability for any damage or shortages to the Goods.
The Seller reserves the right to remedy any issue with the Goods delivered by replacement, refund or credit limited to the value of the affected Goods and any return shipping charges if applicable.
The seller can approve a buyer exclusivity for an area if they meet the required thresholds and ordering.
The Buyer reserves the right to refuse any order, without notice or explanation.
The Buyer may request from the Seller any discontinued line files for products that can be discounted.
Risk of damage or loss of the Goods shall pass to the Buyer at the time when the Seller has tendered delivery of the Goods. Notwithstanding delivery and passing of risk in the Goods, legal title of the Goods shall not pass to the Buyer until the Seller has received full payment for Goods ordered under the Contract.
The Buyer’s right to possession in the Goods in which the Seller maintains legal and beneficial title will terminate if Buyer (a) commits a material breach of the Contract or these Terms and Conditions including breach of its representations made in respect of selling the Goods on third party selling platforms; or (b) enters liquidation, bankruptcy or other voluntary arrangements. In such circumstances, the Seller reserves the right to repossess the Goods in which the Seller retains title without notice or pursue any available legal remedy to do so.
All Goods offered for sale are subject to availability and can be withdrawn at any time without notice. Any stock shortages or alternatives will be advised before any order is accepted and a Contract formed. Images of the Goods shown are for illustration purposes only, actual products may differ slightly.
The Seller shall be under no liability in respect of any defect arising from wilful damage, negligence or Buyer’s failure to follow the Seller’s instructions for care, storage, misuse or alteration of the Goods without the Seller’s prior written approval. Except where otherwise provided in these Terms and Conditions and except where the Goods are sold under a consumer sale, all warranties, conditions or other terms implied by law are excluded to the fullest extent permitted by law.
Except in respect of death or personal injury caused by the Seller’s negligence, any matter for which it would illegal for the Seller to exclude or for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation, the Seller shall not be liable to the Buyer by reason of representation, warranty or other term or law for any direct or consequential loss or damages sustained by the Buyer which arise out of or in connection with the supply of the Goods or their use or resale by the Buyer.
The Buyer shall be responsible for ensuring that any use or sale of the Goods by the Buyer is in compliance with all applicable statutory requirements and that handling and sale of the Goods by the Buyer is carried out in accordance with the Seller’s instructions and legal or regulatory requirements and these Terms and Conditions. The Buyer shall indemnify the Seller against any liability loss or damage which the Seller might suffer as a result of the Buyer’s failure to comply with this condition.
For the purposes of these Terms and Conditions:
- ‘Data Protection Laws’ means any applicable law relating to the processing of Personal Data, including, but not limited to the Directive 95/46/EC (Data Protection Directive) or the GDPR.
- ‘GDPR’ means the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679.
- ‘Data Controller’, ‘Personal Data’ and ‘Processing’ shall have the same meaning as in the GDPR.
The Seller is the Data Controller of the Personal Data obtained during the sale of Goods to the Buyer.
Where the Buyer supplies Personal Data to the Seller and the Seller Processes that Personal Data in the course of selling the Goods to the Buyer, the Seller will comply with the Data Protection Laws:
- Before or at the time of collecting Personal Data, the Seller will identify the purposes for which information is being collected;
- Seller will only Process Personal Data for the purposes identified;
- Seller will respect Buyer rights in relation to Buyer’s Personal Data; and
- Seller will implement technical and organisational measures to ensure Buyer’s Personal Data is secure.
For any enquiries or complaints regarding data privacy, Buyer can contact our Data Protection Officer at the following e-mail address: email@example.com.
A person who is not a party to the Contract shall have no rights under the Contract pursuant to the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999.
The Contract and these Terms and Conditions (including non-contractual matters and obligations arising therefrom or associated therewith) shall be governed by and construed in accordance with, and subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the laws of England and Wales.
If any of the provisions of these Terms and Conditions are found to be unlawful, invalid or otherwise unenforceable by any court or other authority, those provision(s) shall be deemed severed from the remainder of these Terms and Conditions which remainder shall continue in full force and effect.